- Sword Gym Rules :
Rules apply to both Gym Leaders & Challengers unless stated otherwise.
General Gym Rules:
• All Gyms will be 6v6
• Gym Leaders will enable Team Preview. Please make sure to select all 6 Pokemon and not just your lead, otherwise you will enter the battle with only 1 Pokemon.
• You cannot use any Pokémon which are banned from the National Dex OU meta. (Click here to see a list of restrictions: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/formats/national-dex/)
• You must abide by the following clauses in all battles: Endless Battle, Evasion, Moody, OHKO, Sleep or Species. (Click here for more info: https://www.smogon.com/ss/articles/clauses).
• No using FEAR tactics or any variations of FEAR.
• The following Pokemon are banned past National Dex OU : Zamazenta
• The following Moves are banned : Scale Shot, Z-Sleep Powder and Z-Hypnosis
• You cannot use any Pokémon with the following abilities: Arena Trap, Moody, Power Construct or Shadow Tag.
• You cannot use any Pokémon with the following moves: Baton Pass, Mean Look, Rising Voltage, Triple Axel, Springtide Storm, Scale Shot, Dragon Tail, or Swagger.
• You cannot use the following items: Enigma Berry, Quick Claw, Kings Rock, or Razor Fang.
• You cannot use potions and other healing bag items. Healing held items such as leftovers are allowed.
• Players and leaders are not allowed to discuss gym teams or strategies to be used against the gyms. (This includes Pokémon & move sets).
• If the opponent (Challenger or Leader) disconnects unexpectedly during the battle (or the waiting glitch occurs), you must restart the battle unless a leader has stated otherwise. Do not heal or alter your Pokémon before starting the next battle unless told otherwise.
• You cannot use the same Pokémon twice in your team.
• You cannot use Pokémon that are not fully implemented.
• You cannot Dynamax.
• Ghosting (helping another player in their gym battle) is not allowed and will result in a disqualification.
Challenger Exclusive Rules:
- • Always be respectful and sportsmanlike to leaders.
- • If a leader denies your battle for good reason, you must accept this and wait until they are no longer busy.
- • If you feel a leader is being rude or disrespectful message a Gym Manager. Gym Leader Guidelines:
- • Always be respectful to challengers of your gym.
- • You are only allowed to reject a challenger with a good reason. If you apply for a Gym Leader position, you're responsible for accepting battles.
- • Gym Leaders will be given access to /gymleaderrewards (or /glr in short) which gives rewards depending on how many battles you have completed.
- • You may not frequently AFK as it detracts from everyone's experience.
- • You cannot change your team without a Gym Managers approval.
- Elite Four Rules:
- • All Elite Four battles will be 6v6 and you must bring Level 100 Pokemon, they will not be leveled up for you using battle rules.
- • You must use the same team throughout the whole Elite 4, you can only change your Pokemon if you have an available change. You start the Elite 4 with no changes, and unlock one (stackable) change each time you defeat an Elite 4. If you have no changes you may not change the Pokemon in your team. (You cannot beat multiple leaders from the same typing for multiple changes, only 1 change per type is allowed).
- • If you wish to change your entire team and start over, you may talk to the gym managers, who will restart you. Restarting means losing all current progress you have on the E4.
- • Players and leaders are not allowed to discuss gym teams or strategies to be used against the gyms. (This includes Pokémon & move sets).
- • You may not disclose any E4 Leader teams or counters/strategies in order to beat specific E4 Leaders/Types.
Gym Team Budgets
- • When applying, Gym Leaders will receive a budget. The budget applies to any Pokemon that you want spawned in for your gym team, if you spend your budget on 5 Pokemon, you will need to get the 6th Pokemon yourself. This means you can spend heavily on a few Pokemon if you want to get some of the others yourself or if you already have a good Gym Pokemon. • The budget of Gym Leaders depends on the Gym type you are applying for: Alpha: $1,000,000 Omega: $1,250,000 Omni: $1,300,000 Elite4: $1,500,000 • To see the value of each Pokemon check the Budgeting sheet: (https://bit.ly/SwordGymBudget)
Gym Leader Commands:
• /leader accept - Accepts the most recent battle request.
• /leader deny - Denies the most recent battle request.
• /leader give - Gives your most recent opponent their badge.
• /leader won - Marks the most recent battle as a win (to track your win/loss stats).
• /leader stats - View your win/loss ratio for each gym you're a leader of.
Last edited by a moderator: